I hope you had a memorable Christmas season. This month was a wonderful mix of hectic and slow, and everything I needed for the end of the year. In November, I made an ambitious TBR list for this month, but I only ended up reading two books from that list. Nonetheless, I still read what I wanted and I’m happy with that. There were some exceptional books this month and I had fun compiling my end-of-year blog posts. I didn’t review every book in my traditional way this month because I didn’t always have the extra time to spare. Instead, my short, one to two sentence Goodreads reviews will have to suffice.
I’m pleased to have completed and exceeded my Goodreads Challenge, reading 126 books in 2019, making a new record for the most books I’ve ever read in a year! If you’d like to check out My Year in Books, click here.
I’m also quite pleased with my 2019 Beat the Backlist Challenge. I set out to read 50 books published prior to this year and was able to read more than 60. I feel like this challenge gave me the motivation to stick to the goal of reading what I had and making headway on my extensive TBR list. I’m excited to participate again next year, with a little more focus!
Without further ado, here is my December recap:
December Reads & Reviews:
- Entrusted – Review⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- In Five Years — Rebecca Serle ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Glittering Hour— Iona Grey⭐️⭐️
- Fly Away – Kristin Hannah⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Unseen Messages – Pepper Winters⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Finding Perfect – Colleen Hoover⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Ecclesiastes: Wisdom For Living Well – Beverly Wise, Courtney Joseph⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Snowfall on Cedar Trail – Annie Rains⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Dear Mrs. Bird – A.J. Pearce⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Educated – Tara Westover⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Christmas in Silver Bell Falls – Samantha Chase⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Behind Every Lie – Christina McDonald⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (review to come)
- Where the Lost Wander – Amy Harmon⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️(review to come)
- The Only Plane in the Sky – Garrett M. Graff⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️(review to come)
Backlist Books Completed This Month: 7
December Blog Posts:
- Regretting You – Release Day
- Landon & Shay: Part 2 – Blog Tour
- Regretting You – Excerpt
- My Favorite Books of 2019
- The Perpetual Page-Turner’s 2019 Book Survey
- 2020 Beat the Backlist TBR
Since I struggled to stick to my TBR in December, I decided I’ll mood read in January, choosing books from my 2020 Beat the Backlist TBR and upcoming Netgalley releases.
Happy New Year, my friends!
I wish you all the best in 2020.