Thank you, Laura Beth at Hotshot Headlines and Siobhan’s Novelties, for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Laura Beth nominated me back in April and I’ve been ridiculously slow in getting to this. When I saw Siobhan nominated me, I thought it was the perfect time to get to it, combining both awards into one post. Thank you both!!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Laura Beth’s Questions
- If you could only listen to two artists or bands for the rest of your life, who would you choose, and why?
Miranda Lambert and Foreigner – They’re my two favorites and I love the majority of their songs.
- What is your dream novel, or idea for one?
I said this on Instagram once – I’d love for someone to write a book about two people falling in love through their Little Free Library. Maybe they write notes back and forth in the front of the books they’re sharing with one another. If I was a better writer, I’d write it myself!
- Do you remember the first book you ever read?
Yes, it was a book about telling time and had several clocks on every page. I don’t remember the name of the book though.
- If you could live in any sitcom, which would it be?
That 70’s Show. Donna and I would be great friends. 😀
- If money were no object, where would you be living?
The English Countryside
- If you could INSTANTLY become an expert in something, what would it be?
I would love to speak multiple languages fluently.
- Who are three people, living or dead, that you most admire?
My husband, Christine Brae, and Tarryn Fisher.
- Is there someone you would love to see live in concert?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
English and History
- It’s “Self-Care Sunday,” what are you doing?
It’s not Sunday now, but I am taking a rest day from working out today. I just started a new weight/running work out and the past two days left me feeling pretty sore.
- What historical time period would you like to visit?
The 1940’s! It’s my favorite era.
- Which authors are on your do-not-read list?
Tatiana DeRosney and Angie Thomas
- Which blogger has the most impact on you?
Talon from Under the Cover Blog
- What book caused your latest book slump?
The Night Circus (Talon will hate me for saying that)
- Which villain do you like the most?
Moriarty from Sherlock or Bellatrix LeStrange, they’re both so great at being bad.
- What is your last five-star read?
Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center (looooved it)
- What OTP did you wish survived but didn’t?
Gale and Katniss… I’m still mad.
- What book do you want to read next?
Say You Still Love Me by K.A. Tucker along with about a million other books.
- What book do you want to be turned into a TV show or movie?
The Chain by Adrian McKinty
- Who is your favourite character in the last book you read?
Maybe Hannah, the daughter in A Stranger on the Beach. I didn’t really like anyone else.
- Which novel do you wish you never read?
The Passage by Justin Cronin
- What is your guilty pleasure show?
I don’t currently have one. I really enjoyed Dexter though.
- What’s your favorite book series?
- Who writes your favorite feel-good stories?
- What genre do you turn to when you need to escape?
- Where is your favorite real-life setting for a novel?
- What do you love to do when you aren’t reading?
- Where’s your favorite vacation spot?
- How many books do you want to read this year?
- What’s your favorite blog post you’ve written?
- What was your last binge-worthy tv show?
- What’s a blogging goal you have?
- Favorite song at the moment?
My blogging buddy, Talon, who was mentioned above | Jennifer @ Tarheel Reader | Words with Rach | Shalini’s Books & Reviews | The Blogger and the Geek | Bookapotamus | Reading Ladies Book Club | Kindle Friends Forever | SlyReads | Stephanie’s Book Reviews | L.M. Durand |