What a year! 2018 has been my best reading year to date – 123 books and 34,151 pages read (maybe I can still squeeze in one or two more)! I always simultaneously look forward to and dread making my list of favorites at the end of the year, though it’s my first time doing so here on Ashes Books & Bobs. I want to thank you all for welcoming me so wholeheartedly on this new venture. I hope to bring you many great reviews and book-related posts in 2019 and continue to grow my relationships with my fellow bibliophiles!
Instead of listing all of my five-star reads from the year, I decided to list the books I have added to my “Loves” shelf on Goodreads. This is the place where the best books of the best reside, the books that I still think about months or years after finishing them, the novels that have impacted my life in one way or another. Without further ado:
- The Beau & the Belle by R.S. Grey
- The Smallest Part by Amy Harmon
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King
- The Mad Love Duet (Six Feet Under and Pieces of Eight) by Whitney Barbetti
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- Eight Goodbyes by Christine Brae
- The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit by Michael Finkel
- The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
- Foe by Iain Reid
- Braided: A Journey of a Thousand Challahs by Beth Ricanati, M.D.
- Until the Last Star Fades by Jacquelyn Middleton
- Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Running Barefoot by Amy Harmon
- The Red Address Book by Sofia Lundberg
In 2019, I’m looking forward to participating in NovelKnight‘s Beat the Backlist Challenge, where I hope to significantly shrink my TBR. I’m banning myself from buying new books and will be reading only what is on my shelves and Kindle, along with a few carefully selected publisher requests and Indie ARCs. Wish me lots of shelf-control. 😉
I hope 2019 brings you all plenty of health, happiness, and great reads!